Treatment Day Tips
- Dress casually and comfortably.
- Avoid wearing eye makeup and perfume or cologne before the procedure.
- Bring a family member or friend as you will need someone to drive you home.
- Bring sunglasses.
- Do not wear contacts before your procedure. Soft contact lenses must not be worn for a minimum of two weeks before surgery. Toric contacts must not be worn for a minimum of three weeks before surgery. Gas Permeable or Hard contact lenses must not be worn for a minimum of four weeks before surgery.
- Full payment is expected on treatment day. We have several payment options and plans. Please discuss this with our refractive coordinator.
Dr. Birchansky will perform your laser vision correction in our office surgical suite. Plan to be at our office for approximately two hours on the day of your surgery. After surgery, you will need someone to drive you home. It is a good idea to rest your eyes and follow the post-operative instructions we will give you on taking eye drops after your surgery. During your evaluation, Dr. Birchansky will talk with you about what to expect after surgery regarding your vision and healing time.